Shout out to girls who don’t mind being called dude and man casually
shout out to boys who don’t mind being called guuurrl
shout out to humans who don’t mind being called dawg
shout out to dogs who will let you call them anything so long as you say it in a happy, friendly tone.
stop scrolling and just look at this picture of a baby giraffe
okay that’s all carry on
my wayward son
there’ll be peace when you are done
lay your weary head to rest
don’t you cry no more
it’s an antelope
Seriously I just can’t fucking understand what the fuck tumblr was thinking. I can’t even reblog anymore without scrolling down then up again then down again WHAT THE HELL do you need a special huge monitor for this? Or are they trying to make sure we don’t comment on posts so that they stay small so that you can reblog with only 3 clicks instead of the ONE CLICK REBLOG WE HAD?
An upgrade, years in the making…
When we imagined Tumblr more than seven years ago, we dreamed of offering creators a new canvas. Every post would be a raw look through the author’s eyes and mind. We imagined the interface disappearing as these subjects came to life.
For years, this vision was challenged by limits in browser technology and an increasingly daunting set of Tumblr features to support. But today, we take a huge step.
After months of careful crafting, we’ve reduced creation on Tumblr to its essence, while carrying over every single feature and making room for some BIG new ones (like completely customizable drag-and-drop photoset creation, faster uploads, and inline reblogging!). We can’t wait for you to try it.
The upgrades have started rolling out and will be available for everyone by the end of the weekend. Most of the bugs and omissions you’ve reported have already been fixed, but please let us know if you run in to any other issues!
I am really unimpressed. I’ve generally been quite happy with the changes that Tumblr has made over the years, but I feel like this one is going backwards. This update makes Tumblr much less user-friendly, not more:
1. I could do everything on one page BEFORE but now I have to click the wheel to add in a source and then click the image to add in a click-through. I used to be able to do it all without clicking on multiple buttons.
2. This makes it much less obvious that credit NEEDS TO BE ADDED. What if somebody doesn’t even realise there’s a place for a source? Or a click-through? Tumblr is a website that NEEDS people to credit. You need to make it obvious, not hide it away.
3. Unless I’m missing something, I cannot see whether a photo has a click-through (or the correct click-through) when I reblog. Many people like to just add in their own blog when posting a photo rather than the source. I like to fix that when I reblog, but now I can’t?
4. If you have a smaller computer screen like I do – a Macbook – there is much more scrolling involved than before. And I’m currently typing in a tiny text box. Why? I’ve always felt that Tumblr needed bigger, wider text boxes, not smaller. People need to be able to see what they’re doing and have space to do it.
5. It lags terribly. It’s so frustrating. I cannot just quickly post a photo, I have to wait for the screen to catch up with my mouse. It’s definitely not ‘faster’.
6. If you were going to upgrade ANYTHING, at least allow sub-blogs to be made to be main blogs. I now have to remember to change accounts every single time I post, whereas previously it would ‘know’ to post to prettybooks.
Pretty Books will be 3 years old next week and at this rate, there won’t be a 4th. I need to be able to post photos – and credit them – easily and efficiently and at the moment it makes the whole thing more difficult.
I really don’t know why the fuck these morons in the video are so fucking proud of themselves.
tumblr doesn’t understand the culture of their own websites
people like to tag things
people like to copy and paste tags into posts
people like to add gifs and pictures to reblogs
why would you deliberately destroy functions that millions of your customers use and appreciate
(If you’re wondering what this is all about, click.)
NO! NO! NO!
Yes, I play videogames :)<3
Yes, I drink coke. :) <3
Yah i play vidya gaem 2
Yes, I own a coffee table :)<3
Yes, I use paper towels :)<3
Yes, I use lamps :) <3
I’ll probably keep on reblogging this from myself until the end of times.
What if I made a hipster blog but only made it look like a hipster blog and in reality it was all fandom stuff that looks like hipster stuff so hipsters would follow me and think what I posted was deep when in reality it’s just a bunch of quotes from Sherlock and Doctor Who and other shows that make me cry
Wait for it
Wait for it
Waaaaaiiiiiit fooooor iiiiiiiit
I AM SO DONE WITH EVERYTHING OMG I LOVE THE INTERNET
It is BEAUTIFUL